Options

SQL Backup 5.3 Support

GladiatrGladiatr Posts: 28
edited October 15, 2008 2:10PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi There,

Can anyone here let me know does SQLBackup 5.3 works on DELL 2900 Xeon 64bit W2K8 w/ SQL Server 2K5 installed?

The reason I'm asking this question is that I have SQLBackup 5.3 installed on this configuration, but when I use the SQLBackup GUI interface to get the backup of some databases, the screens are ready only and there is a certificate icon below the server name which is the only clickable item sitting there on the screen. Once you click the certificate icon it pops up a window and display the supporting instructions.

Thanks.
-gladiatr

Comments

• Options
    Hi Gladiatr,

It sounds like you have a Lite license activated on your machine, a Professional license is required to use SQL Backup on 64 bit servers.

Please can you open the SQL Backup GUI, right click your server and select properties.

What is listed as the Edition in the last entry?
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Options
    Thanks Matthew for the reply.

Actually, since you mentioned this, I noticed the Edition is expired now. This could be the cause to my problem.

In September we have purchased the 2 SQLBackup Pro licences and still I haven't get a chance to use any of them.

Right now this is a test server that I'm working on and soon is going to become a production server and I thought that I should wait till it becomes production and then I will use the one license.

Thanks.
    -gladiatr