SQB Converter standalone, and/or deactivation?

jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
edited October 2, 2015 5:40PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hello,

A while back (early 2014) there was a SQB converter standalone. I can't seem to find that download anywhere any longer. I see it once the app is installed, but wish to use it on machines where we don't want to install the product. Is this available?

Also - on that same track we had a "Deactivate.exe" from like 2007 (version 2.7.0.6) which I'm sure is long out of date.... is it possible you have a newer version so I can deactivate machines without having everything installed?

Best,

John

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    You can copy the converter (SQBConverter.exe) from any machine that has it installed, and use it on any other machine. It does not require SQL Backup to be installed, nor does it require a license. Just copy the executable file (SQBConverter.exe) together with the zlib library (zlib1.dll), found in the SQL Backup Agent installation folder.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,779 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

The free stand-alone tool is still available via this LINK. Scroll towards the bottom of the web page in the section with a black background with the heading "Experiments from Redgate Labs". Item second from bottom "SQL Backup to MTF Converter" is to the standalone SQB Converter.

Or as per Petey's post, obtaining the necessary files from the SQL Backup installation folder.

Many thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: [email protected]
  • jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
    Very helpful guys - thank you!

Best,

John