Options

Excluding specific errorlog entries from alerting

teribterib Posts: 2
edited September 15, 2015 6:14AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hello,
I am hoping someone may have a suggestion for me.
Everyday I am inundated with severity 20 "SSPI handshake failed with error code" type of messages on one or two specific instances. I know why we are getting these, but unfortunately the infrastructure team are not planning on correcting the issue any time soon.
Does anyone know of a way I can exclude this specific message from my alerting in SQL monitor 4? is it even possible? I know the alert is configured on raising a "high" alert if it is 20 or above, which is how it should be, but I just want to reduce the noise this error is generating.
Maybe I have to create a custom alert just for these servers?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hi Terib,

What specific alert within SQL Monitor is being displayed? There is not a specific error called "SSPI handshake failed with error code" in the SQL Monitor UI. You should be able to customise the level of alert for specific instances within SQL Monitor hierarchy - (i.e. in the configure alert section you can drill down to the instance level for a specific instance and customise the alert threshold for that instance so that you are not inundated with alerts by that instance). Please see the documentation here that may be able to help.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?