Possible Bug sql prompt 6.6.0.261 and SSMS 2016 CTP2.1

psycallpsycall Posts: 3
edited August 4, 2015 9:47AM in SQL Prompt
Hi
I have ssms 2008 R2 and ssms 2016 CTP2.1 installed side by side with sql prompt 6.6.0.261. The issue is that some sql prompt menu items do not seem to work on 2016 but do in 2008.
Problem menu items are 'Script Object as ALTER' and 'Select in Object Explorer'. When these are selected nothing happens and no error displayed. When i do the same in 2008 it works as expected. Other sql prompt menu items work just fine. Any ideas here?

Comments

• Hi,

I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to recreate this. I'm using SQL Prompt 6.6.0.261 and SSMS 2016 CTP2.1 (13.0.300.44).

When does the problem occur? Is it for every object or just for specific objects? You may already know this but in case you don't, "Script Object as ALTER" only works for views, stored procedures, triggers and functions.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi,
    On CTP 2.1 it failed to do anything for the following actions on sprocs when :
    Script Object As Alter F12
    Select In Object Explorer Ctrl + F12

I can replicate it with current install. However i just installed CTP2.2 and it works fine. I didn't do reinstall of any redgate tools but looks like we are good on CTP2.2.
  • It's great to hear that it's working now!

If you have any more difficulties, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software