SQL Prompt 6.5.0.334 causes VSUI.dll error

northshoreORnorthshoreOR Posts: 3
edited May 22, 2015 5:28AM in SQL Prompt
I installed the latest SQL Prompt Update: 6.5.0.334 and my computer's security software flagged 2 files as a threat: SQLPrompt.VSUI.resources.dll and SQLPrompt.VSUI.dll

The error message identified swiftbrowse as PUA

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi northshoreOR,

Which security software are you using? We've had some false positives in the past as some viruses have used the same obfuscation software.

I just had a search and oddly enough it looks like swiftbrowse isn't even a virus but just an application (a potentially unwanted one) so I don't know why it's decided to flag up SQLPrompt.VSUI.dll.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Aaron,
    Thanks for looking into this. We use Webroot Secure Anywhere Endpoint Protection.
    Brian
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Thanks Brian! I installed Webroot Secure Anywhere and I was able to reproduce what you're seeing. It seems like 6.5.0.332 doesn't have this problem even though we hadn't changed anything in the VSUI source code. I just kicked off a new build which also doesn't, even with the source code and file sizes exactly matching 6.5.0.334. So I assume some combination of build and signing time caused us to hit the pattern they're using to match it.

I think the simplest thing to do for now is to release this new build to avoid others hitting this issue and if happens again I'll get in contact with Webroot and see if they can add us to a whitelist. You can get the new build (6.5.0.335) from our website.

Thanks for reporting this!