Options

Unicode character 8211 transposed to 65533 during deployment

EricBeckwithEricBeckwith Posts: 3
edited April 30, 2015 12:30PM in SQL Multi Script
I used Multi Script version 1.1.0.34 to deploy a data script to a SQL Server 2014 database, and in the process there were several instances in which a hyphen (unicode 8211) was transposed into character 65533, which is unacceptable in our situation.

INSERT INTO [dbo].[IzendaAdHocViewAlias] ([viewName], [viewAlias], [createdBy], [createdDate], [modifiedBy], [modifiedDate]) VALUES (N'[rpt].[FactEmployeeCheckDeductionsPivot]', N'Check Detail Pivot – Deductions', 'KRM-US30690', '2013-11-07 03:07:15.750', NULL, NULL)

The above INSERT produced this value for viewAlias: Check Detail Pivot � Deductions

The column from which the data came AND the column into which it was inserted was defined like this:

Column_name Type Computed Length Prec Scale Nullable TrimTrailingBlanks FixedLenNullInSource Collation

viewAlias nvarchar no 510 no (n/a) (n/a) SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

Comments

• Options
    Hello Eric,

Thanks for contacting us and I am sorry you are having this issue!
    I have followed up with you via email to try and resolve this.

Warm Regards,
    Andrew Pierce
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Thank you for your assistance with this. It is true that copy and pasting my test script into then New script window avoids the error.

However, it is also a hassle to copy and paste when there are numerous script files to deploy.

I am hoping you can give me a precise description as to what scenarios active the bug and what scenarios do not; copying and pasting an occasional file is much more tolerable than copying and pasting every script file.

Also, how will I know when a fix for this is available?

Thank you.