Failed logins indirectly cause issues on the network
I have now installed SQL Response 1 to evaluate it. It allows use of different Windows accounts per SQL Connection (I've set it up for 4 connections, 1 dev server and 3 prod servers using different logins/passwords for each server). The net result is that SQL Response appears to have indirectly brought one of our mail servers to its knees. I'm guessing here but the evidence suggests that some of the original Beta settings have been revived and are being used to attempt to connect to one of the production servers as a local Windows account. The account does not exist so the login fails and SolarWinds (which is used for network management) mails details of the failed login. Login is attempted many times per second so a humungous number of e-mails is being generated. When I stop the SQL Response Alert Repository Service the login attempts stop.
On the face of it all of the authentication I've set up is OK (Windows accounts and SQL Server logins) and all the SQL Server instances seem to be being monitored OK (ie. SQL Response is reporting for all of them).
I found the instructions in the forum for removing the Beta but it did not work for me (it could not find the service SqlResponseMonitorService).
Any assistance gratefully received.