Performance counter not working for 64bit winforms app

steewbsteewb Posts: 5
edited April 21, 2015 11:37AM in ANTS Performance Profiler 9
I'm trying to optimise an Winforms .NET 4.0 app on Win7 64bit.
Compiling as a 32bit app the performance counter CPU is working as supposed but as a 64bit (or any-cpu) the counter is not shown.
According to the log all [Profiler pipe monitor] entries are missing.
I already tried to restore the counters for x64 as mentioned in other threads. But had no luck with that.

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're running into an issue with the profiler!

Can you kindly first double check something for me: when your app is running as 64-bit and the counters aren't showing up, is the profiler definitely connected to the application (the bottom left corner should show a status of "Connected")? I just want to make sure that the profiling session is not immediately stopping for some reason so that no activity appears in the timeline.

Can I also just double check - if you run perfmon in 64-bit mode (mmc.exe perfmon.msc) are the counters definitely working from there?

Thank you!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Can you kindly first double check something for me: when your app is running as 64-bit and the counters aren't showing up, is the profiler definitely connected to the application (the bottom left corner should show a status of "Connected")? I just want to make sure that the profiling session is not immediately stopping for some reason so that no activity appears in the timeline.
    The profiler is not connected to the application. The status remains "Launching 'xxx.exe'.
    Can I also just double check - if you run perfmon in 64-bit mode (mmc.exe perfmon.msc) are the counters definitely working from there?
    Counters are working in 64-biot mode.

Thank you for your reply.
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Ah I see, thanks for confirming that!

In that case, can you please reply to the support ticket we've opened for you, #40740, with your latest log files (Help>Open log folder) and any errors/events in Event Viewer (Windows log>Application) related to the profiler or your application? Those will hopefully shed more light on why the profiler isn't connecting to your app.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?