Options

Profiler stops windows Authentication from working

phaezephaeze Posts: 7
edited April 17, 2015 3:38PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 9
I have a .NET 4.5 site that I am trying to profile and if the server is set to windows authentication when the profiler is started all requests will return 401.
To test this I am using Fiddler 4 with the Automatically Authenticate option checked and when a test request is sent there is a total of three requests recorded in fiddler, all of which have 401 responses; the first 401 is expected of course.

All of this is using the default for ANTS to host on the 8013 port, and if I send my request to port 80 it works fine. It will also work fine if the server is in anonymous authentication mode when the profiler is started.

Any thoughts on the cause or where I can look to figure this out?

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post!

Can you kindly try specifying the credentials for the profiler service which starts the IIS process:

- Go to the Services control panel
    - Right-click on "ANTS Performance Profiler 9 service" and select "Properties"
    - Go to "Log On" and enter the appropriate account details and then hit OK
    - Restart the service and then try profiling again

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    When I try this, I get an error almost immediately after starting profiling that the IIS service could not be started. My guess is that it would be a permissions issue, do you know what group memberships/permissions would be needed for this?
    The use I tried is a domain user with local admin and is a member of the IIS_IUSRS group.
  • Options
    We were able to get this working by also launching the profiler as Administrator.
  • Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    That's great news! Thanks for the update. Please let us know if any other issues come up!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?