Options

No luck profiling Silverlight app

maximamaxima Posts: 6
edited April 15, 2015 6:21PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 9
I have fully licensed version. It used to work with Profiler 8 for a year or more. Then recently I discovered it stopped to work (cant say why - I use it few times a year only). I upgraded to 9 hoping it helps but same behaviour.

I have SL5 app with ASP.NET server hosting WCF. The app is pretty much mature, so whatever has changed wasnt significant.

If I want to profile server code I launch Ants with ASP.NET choice from the startup wizard - this works.

However when I try to select Silverlight4+ application with .xap file the profiler session starts but the IE doesnt show up at all and the session in the Ants window is dead - nothing moves at all..

I tried every approach I know and the result is the same.

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi maxima,

Sorry to hear you're running into an issue with the profiler!

Can I please check--what's the status of the profiler in the bottom left corner when this happens? Is it either stuck in a connecting/launching mode or say that profiling completed? Can you kindly try launching your application as a child process of a command prompt to see if that works alright:

- Start a new profiling session for a .NET Executable
    - Make sure that the 'profile child processes' option is enabled
    - Set the executable path to "C:WindowsSystem32cmd.exe"
    - Click on 'Show startup options' and set the 'Command line arguments' to be

/K ""c:program filesmicrosoft silverlightsllauncher.exe" /emulate:"c:YourOOBAppFolderYourOOBApp.xap" /origin:"c:YourOOBAppFolder" /overwrite"

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?