Options

Building database package with Windows users

msnellingmsnelling Posts: 5
edited February 22, 2016 1:45PM in SQL CI 2
Hi,
I'm evaluating SQL CI but have hit a problem when trying to build the database package. The following command is failing with the error below.
sqlCI.exe Build /packageId=TestDB /packageVersion=4 /scriptsFolder=. /additionalCompareArgs="/options:IgnoreUserProperties,IgnoreUsersPermissionsAndRoleMemberships"
Error: Synchronization of 'Scripts.state' and
26-Mar-2015 12:03:03	'np:\.pipeLOCALDB#28717E22	sqlquery.sqlCI_9f7bd424-31ee-430d-9a5a-cbbdb8fbc
26-Mar-2015 12:03:03	01b' failed: Windows NT user or group 'DOMAINuser' not found. Check the name
26-Mar-2015 12:03:03	again. Error executing the following SQL: IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM
26-Mar-2015 12:03:03	master.dbo.syslogins WHERE loginname = N'DOMAINuser') CREATE LOGIN
26-Mar-2015 12:03:03	[DOMAINuser] FROM WINDOWS

Our database schema was added to Git using RedGate SQL Source Control and we use Windows authentication for database access. It looks like the build is failing to create the users which are mapped to Windows. I expected the IgnoreUserProperties and IgnoreUsersPermissionsAndRoleMemberships SQL Compare options to avoid this problem, perhaps I misunderstand?

How are you supposed to overcome/get around this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to bump this thread - the same issue happened to me during evaluation.

"failed: Windows NT user or group 'xxxxxxxx' not found.

I'm using the IgnoreUsersPermissionsAndRoleMemberships option as well. Am I expecting the incorrect behavior out of this particular option?