Options

Debugging .NET Framework Sourcecode

jogibear9988jogibear9988 Posts: 2
I recently debugged parts of WPF, using Reflector!

But the Problem is/was, that the PDB's created from Reflector do not match correctly, so I could not set breakpoints! That was only on some classes, most times it works!

Will that improve in the feature?

And also, is Debugging of the MS Silverlight Assemblys possible in any way?

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Regarding this issue, can you kindly first confirm- were you getting any particular errors so that you could not set breakpoints? If so, was it by any chance that the loaded pdb file was not the one Reflector expected?

If it was that error, the issue may just be that a pdb file already existed for the assembly and was getting loaded. If this is the case, you'll just need to make sure that the Reflector-created on can get loaded. Can you please try:

- Go to Debug>Options and settings and then under Debugging>Symbols, make sure that the Reflector cache (%localappdata%
    ed gate.NET Reflector 8Cache) is added in the symbol file location list
    - Uncheck the 'Microsoft Symbol Servers' location if it's enabled and then hit 'Empty symbol cache'
    - From the Reflector Object Browser, enable debugging on your dependency (right-click on it and choose 'Enable debugging').
    - Start debugging -- if there are no symbols loaded, kindly go back to Debug>Windows>Modules, right-click on the dependency and Load Symbols From> Symbol Path. (just a note: the Reflector symbols might still load from the previous location, but you can check the timestamp on it to make sure it matches the one in the Reflector cache)

Please let me know if that helps or if the problem is different!

You should also be able to profile Silverlight assemblies - are you experiencing any particular issues with these?

Thank you!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?