Rebuild Single VB Web Page

ecliptechecliptech Posts: 2
Hi all,

I'm very new to using Reflector, but if it gets me out of this hole I'll certainly be purchasing a licence. Just to give you a background of why I need to do this, I'd been developing a web solution on my laptop, I had been using TFS, but unfortunately hadn't checked my code in for a week before my hard drive packed up without warning.

So I had a only slightly old version of all the code, and had only been working on several pages since the last check in. How would I go about recreating just these individual pages using reflector, I've managed to view the code and resolve some of the issues, but I can't work out how to recompile the aspx, aspx.vb and the aspx.designer.vb files. Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've since changed a lot of my sql stored procs which is getting really hard to debug.

Although, if reflector does manage to resolve my problems, I will be in the future remembering to check my code in daily...

Many thanks,

Jon.

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Jon,

Thanks for your post!

.NET Reflector can help get back some of your code if you use the Export Source Code feature - http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... ource+code

Unfortunately though, Reflector cannot automatically get everything back to the state that it was originally in (into the aspx.vb and the aspx.deisgner files) because this information gets lost during compilation. Reconstructing the project structure would require manual work. :/

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?