Options

Restore Fails

itsdannyitsdanny Posts: 12
Hi, my restore keeps failing after about 10 mins of trying to running.
The log file for the failure says:
VDI error 10 10: Failed to get the configuration from the server because the timeout interval has elapsed. Check that the
SQL Server instance is running, that you have the SQL Server System Administrator server role; and that no other
processes are blocking the backup or restore process; or try increasing the value of the VDITImeout registry setting in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARERed GateSQL BackupBackupSettingsGlobal[InstanceName]
Also check that the database is not currently in use.
SQL error 30 13: RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
SQL error 320 1: Cannot open badcup device 'SQLBACKUP_3E609150-44C9-4854-AFOA-ZBE58oF26A26'. Operating
system error ox80070002(The system not find the file specified.).
I increased the time out from 30 to 90 (mins?) and the file (as met by the wild card M:sysliveperiodend*.sqb) exists.

The script is
DECLARE @exitcode int
DECLARE @sqlerrorcode int
EXECUTE master..sqlbackup '-SQL "RESTORE DATABASE [syslive] FROM DISK = ''M:sysliveperiodend*.sqb'' SOURCE = ''syslive'' LATEST_FULL WITH RECOVERY, DISCONNECT_EXISTING, REPLACE, ORPHAN_CHECK, CHECKDB = ''NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS''"', @exitcode OUT, @sqlerrorcode OUT
IF (@exitcode >= 500) OR (@sqlerrorcode <> 0)
BEGIN
RAISERROR ('SQL Backup failed with exit code: %d  SQL error code: %d', 16, 1, @exitcode, @sqlerrorcode)
END

Please help as this is starting to drive me psycho!
itsdanny.

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please post the contents of the SQL Backup log for the restore process that failed?

SQL Backup generates a log file for each process that it runs. The default folder where the logs are stored is C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataRed GateSQL BackupLog<instance name> on Windows 2003 and older, and C:ProgramDataRed GateSQL BackupLog<instance name> on Windows Vista and newer.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8