Options

New Tab History Interface

jbrunejbrune Posts: 13 Bronze 1
edited February 19, 2015 4:49AM in SQL Prompt
I really like the tab history feature of SQLPrompt, but I must say I liked the previous interface much better. For one thing, in did not include tabs that are currently open. I'm not sure why that was included. If I want to search open tabs I can use the search feature that comes with SSMS. About half the time I use tab history to find the tab that I just closed, are closed recently. Now I have to scan through all the ones that are currently open. Not to mention the fact that when in "All Tabs" there is not even an easy way to see which tabs are currently open and which are closed. You have to scroll through and look for the date closed on the right. Also, while I'm venting, why does the tab history disappear when I click elsewhere? I guess what is most frustrating is the previous version was pretty darn good and someone allowed it to become mucked up. Who's with me?

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi JBrune,

Thanks for the feedback - I'm sorry to hear you don't like the changes we made.

The idea behind having open tabs there is it makes it easier to search and navigate your open tabs (using ctrl+q instead of ctrl+f which takes a few more steps and doesn't give as nice a preview). I agree that at the moment the indicator is really subtle for if they are open or not so we'll see if there's something we can do that makes it more obvious.

I'm not sure about excluding the open tabs completely from the tab history pane though. I'll include a link to your uservoice request here to help us gauge how much interest there is in it.

Thanks,
    Aaron.