Options

CPU graph does not show

tamaranguyentamaranguyen Posts: 3
edited February 11, 2015 5:35PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
Hi,

I am using ANTS 8.6 for the first time. When I start my session, the method tree, and time data were shown, but no CPU graph where the chart should be.
I looked into the log file and saw the following errors:
09 Feb 2015 11:41:26.915 [1] ERROR RedGate.Profiler.UI.ErrorTarget - Could not map a view into memory.
09 Feb 2015 11:41:26.915 [1] ERROR RedGate.Profiler.UI.ErrorTarget - Could not map a view into memory.
09 Feb 2015 11:41:26.915 [1] ERROR RedGate.Profiler.UI.ErrorTarget - RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Exceptions.CouldNotMapFileException
09 Feb 2015 11:41:26.915 [1] ERROR RedGate.Profiler.UI.ErrorTarget - at .?.(Int64 , Int32 )

What can I do to get rid of these error and get ANTS working for me?

Thanks!
Tamara.

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Tamara,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're running into an issue with the profiler!

The errors that were in the log may actually be a red herring regarding the problem with the CPU graph. I believe the "could not map a view into memory" errors are normally due low memory and that may cause other issues down the line, though I don't think they should affect the graph.

To be sure, can you please try opening perfmon on your machine to see if your processor counter works there?

When the graph is broken, it's usually due to corrupt performance counters and the profiler uses the same ones as perfmon.

Assuming the graphs don't work in either the profiler or perfmon, you'll just need to rebuild your counters to get things working again. From a command prompt running as administrator, please run:

cd c:windowssystem32
    lodctr /R

If you are on a 64-bit machine, please also run:

cd c:windowssysWOW64
    lodctr /R

Please let me know should that help or not!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    That did it! After rebuilding the performance counters, the graph from ANTS profiler showed up =)
    Thank you so much for your help!
    Tamara.