Configuring Mointering Server

velusamy26velusamy26 Posts: 2
edited February 5, 2015 10:51AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi Team,

1. I have installed the SQL Mointer 4.1.0.2226 in my local machine
2. Configure Base Mointer in local machine
3. Created the mointer database in local machine

Now, i want to mointer my production database which is maintained in MS Azure VM.

Ex:

Server Name: xxx.cloudapp.net,8754
User Name : zzzz
Password : yyyy
SQL server Instance : abc

I have used the same information in SQL Server Mointor Wizard. Screen shot attached here.

1.PNG

Problem has been listed below

1. SQL Server enabled in the port number 8754 in production machine
2. SQL SERVER mointer spilt after comma (,) and consider as two servers. Due to this my connection was failed.

Screenshot was updated below

2.PNG

Can you please help on this to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,
Velusamy

Comments

• Hi Velu,

The first issue is using the comma in the SQL Server field. According to the help bubble (blue circled ? at the right) commas separate multiple instances. To enter the port number you would need to click on the Edit Properties link under the SQL Server instance section.

However the bigger issue is, unfortunately, SQL Monitor does not support monitoring SQL Databases on Azure VMs. This is because the protocols that SQL Monitor uses to perform monitoring are generally not supported in Azure.

Please feel free to make a request on the SQL Monitor uservoice board if you would like to see this feature implemented.

Also, it may be worth you looking at the tool Azure Management Studio. To view some of the metrics mentioned you would need to enable Azure Diagnostics, but once enabled this tool can be useful for gaining an insight into the metrics.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?