SQL Prompt v6.4.1.142 Intellisense Issue with Azure DB

shooglynailshooglynail Posts: 3 New member
edited January 15, 2015 9:50AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,

I am having an issue with some of my Azure databases where the intellisense does not list the table object names. I can recreate this issue the following way:

- Start up SMSS and connect to Azure server.
- Right click a database and select New Query option and SQL Prompt displays the loading dialog.
- Intellisense functions as expected for that instance on, for example, a SELECT * FROM statement.
- As Azure prohibits the USING statement, right-click another database on the same server and select the New Query option.
- SQL Prompt does not show the loading dialog.
- Intellisense does not function for the second query window for a SELECT * FROM.
- When I manually type the table name, intellisense does not work for the column names either.

I have alternated the database that I initially connect to and it always works for the first connection and never for the second one.

Here is my SMSS info:

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 10.50.4000.0
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.3.9600.16384
Microsoft MSXML 3.0 6.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.9600.17498
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.8009
Operating System 6.3.9600

I have checked the SQL Prompt log file and there is very little information written and no errors. I could not find a detailed log option so I assume that this is it:

14 Jan 2015 20:46:57,309 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.BaseConnect.1 - Creating menus for SQL Prompt edition Full
14 Jan 2015 20:54:07,229 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.BaseConnect.1 - Creating menus for SQL Prompt edition Full
14 Jan 2015 21:13:23,115 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.BaseConnect.1 - OnDisconnection(ext_dm_HostShutdown)...
14 Jan 2015 21:13:23,139 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.BaseConnect.1 - Uninitialised connection successfully. Disposing resources...
14 Jan 2015 21:13:23,155 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.BaseConnect.1 - Disconnect complete.

I also tried to uncheck/check the experimental feature and refresh the suggestions but I could get nothing to work.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the detailed error report!

We've recently released a new build of Prompt with fixes for an issue related to Azure that sounds exactly like what you're seeing. Could you try upgrading to the latest version of Prompt to see if that helps? (either through Prompt->Help->Check for Updates or from our website)

If you're still having issues on the latest build let me know and I'll investigate further.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • shooglynailshooglynail Posts: 3 New member
    I have upgraded, retested and can confirm that this is now working as expected.

Thanks,

Stuart.
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Stuart,

Thanks for telling us! Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Thanks,
    Aaron.