Options

Error when retrieving error details

mbharrelmbharrel Posts: 12
edited October 1, 2008 12:47PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I set up a email account and a custom template yesterday. I received an alert email message for excessive free space for one of my databases. When I click on the "more details" link in the body of the email, a window opens to the SQL Response with the below error. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

System.ArgumentException: The XML file supplied as an incident report is not well formed. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(TextReader txtReader)
at RedGate.SqlResponse.IncidentDetails.IncidentDetailsTabControl.f()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at RedGate.SqlResponse.IncidentDetails.IncidentDetailsTabControl.f()

Comments

• Options
    I forwarded a screenshot of the error I received and one of the emails Daniel. It seems that in a bone head move the email I posted about has been deleted but, I am receiving this error on all of my email alerts but I am able to go directly to the Response console and it works fine.
  • Options
    Hi,

There is a work around for the issue. The problem occurs if you are viewing recommendations when you click an email link.

When the dialog with the error message appears:
      * Close the dialog box * Click the Alert button in the main window * Click on the email link again
    This issue will be fixed in a future release.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,
    --
    Daniel
  • Options
    That works Daniel. Thanks!!