Source Control for Oracle

Brian.LiebBrian.Lieb Posts: 29 New member
edited December 9, 2014 5:35AM in Source Control for Oracle
I recently upgraded to the Oracle Source Control v. 2.0.6.964 from v. 2.0.5.742

After doing this all of my projects have a status of "Error -open to view details" specifically "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms."

Our Domain policy has not changed, and has always had the "Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" enabled.

In fact other users, who have not upgraded from 2.0.5.742 are not having this problem, even though their FIPS settings are the same as mine.

Anyway, is there an explanation for this? Or any suggestions on how to fix it?

Brian Lieb

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Brian

To my knowledge nothing has changed within our Oracle products in regards to FIPS. At this time there is not a Redgate Product that is FIPS compliant.

To workaround the problem, you can try adding the following code:
    <enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="false"/>

between the <runtime> </runtime> tags in the 'SourceControlForOracle.exe' and / or 'SourceControlForOracle32.exe' config files depending if you use the 64-bit or 32-bit version Source Control For Oracle.

I suspect that you may have performed the above previously and the upgrade process overwrite the original config file.

In some hardened environments, the may not work. If this the case you will need to disable FIPS on the machine altogether by changing the following registry key.

HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetControlLsaFIPSAlgorithmPolicyEnabled

This registry value reflects the current FIPS setting. If this setting is enabled, the value is 1. If this setting is disabled, the value is 0.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com