Options

Script File Encoding Ignored

howarthcdhowarthcd Posts: 70 Bronze 3
edited August 17, 2015 12:17PM in SQL Compare 11
I've just upgraded to SQL Compare 11.0.0.365 and have found that when comparing a Database with a Scripts Folder I am finding that the ScriptFileEncoding value is being ignored when the value is set to Windows1252.

To reproduced the issue perform the following steps:

1. Create a database and create a stored procedure that contains, for example, ASCII character 163 (£).
2. Script the database to a folder using SQL Compare, setting the output to "Windows Code Page 1252".
3. Compare the database with the newly-created script folder.

Result: the "£" symbol is not correctly identified in the script file resulting in a difference being highlighted.

This behaviour is not present in SQL Compare 10.7.0.18 from which I have upgraded.

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Chris

Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

I was able to reproduce the problem using the steps you provided. I have submitted a new Bug Report for the SQL Compare Development Team to consider, the Bug Report reference is SC-7653. Once I receive further information on a bug fix, I will update this forum post.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    howarthcdhowarthcd Posts: 70 Bronze 3
    Hi, has there been any progress on the fixing of this bug?

It's still affecting the latest version of SQL Compare and is preventing us from upgrading.

Thanks
    Chris
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm pleased to tell you that this bug has been fixed in the latest Frequent Updates version of SQL Compare, 11.2.8.13. Please give it a try, and let us know if you're still having problems.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software