Options

Slow Documentation Generation

DiggaDigga Posts: 27 Bronze 3
edited April 6, 2015 2:23AM in SQL Doc
Hi

Version 3.0.3.9 running on Windows 7 Enterprise 64

I'm finding the Documenting step is really slow. This is showing in particular on remote databases (through VPN), I'm assuming remoteness shouldn't be a consideration as the schema is collected during the registering or other previous step. I end up with with 3 SQL Doc processes running, one is around 100 MB, which I'm assuming is the generation step, CPU on this process is either 0 or 1%. I have plenty of resources on this system and that is not an issue, it's just the process doesn't really want to work regardless of which output type I choose and after an hour or so fails.

If you have any suggestions to speed this up or need further information, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Digga

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I've opened up a ticket for you so that we can get some more information regarding your issue. You should receive an email from us shortly.

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Best,
    David
  • Options
    This is showing in particular on remote databases (through VPN), I'm assuming remoteness shouldn't be a consideration as the schema is collected during the registering or other previous step.
    NOOR