Availabilty Group Definition

GlynLambGlynLamb Posts: 10
edited October 22, 2014 8:38PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I have recently tried to define a connection in SQL Monitor 4 to a Windows cluster running SQL Server 2012 with availability groups.
The connection using the Windows cluster name is successful and attaches to the nodes however it doesn't locate the SQL Server Instances.

I removed this connection and connected to each individual node and it was successful and locates the SQL Server Instances.

So my question is ;
Should I be defining the connect by the Windows Cluster name of the individual nodes.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Connecting to SQL instances on an availability group shouldn't be a problem for SQL Monitor -- you should be able to use <windowsclustername>* as the address. Is that what you were trying?

If that doesn't work, can you try adding <windowsclustername><sqlinstance1>, then <windowsclustername><sqlinstance2>, etc.?

Please let me know how that goes.

Regards,
    Evan
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107
  • Hello,

After doing a bit more research and testing, it actually appears the only way to do this is to add each node individually. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Evan
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107
  • Evan,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will leave it as it is, one for each node.
    Just thought it might work like other cluster definitions and pick up everything in the group.

Glyn