Options

jump to end of line when suggestion insertion

Philippe LEGRANDPhilippe LEGRAND Posts: 8
edited November 11, 2014 9:10AM in SQL Prompt
The cursor skips at the end of line after the insertion of a suggestion, instead of staying in the end of the insertion.
Is it a bad configuration of SQL Prompt from me ?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Philippe,

We've only seen a couple of other people see this problem in the past and have been unable to reproduce this so far. It would be great if you could help us track this down!

Does this always happen to you? Which version of Prompt are you using? Are you running this in SSMS or VS and which versions? Do you have any other addins installed?

Best regards,

David
  • Options
    --> Does this always happen to you ?
    Yes, always.

--> Which version of Prompt are you using ?
    SQL PRompt 6.4.0.659

--> Are you running this in SSMS or VS and which versions ?
    Yes, I'm running SSMS, version 10.50.6000.34

--> Do you have any other addins installed ?
    No

Remark :
    I installed SQL 2014 these last days, the anomaly of the jump to end of line after suggestion inserted does not occur with SQL 2014, while it continues with SQL 2008R2.
  • Options
    Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the information! It'll be really valuable in trying to get this to reproduce.

I've edited your message to take the serial number out, this is a public forum so I don't want people taking your licence!

Best regards,

David
  • Options
    I also had the same issue on version 6.4.0.675.

SSMS: 10.50.1600.1
    SQL: 2008 R2
    .Net: 2.0.50727, 3, 3.5, 4 and 4.5

SQLSearch and SQLDoc Addons running.

While investigating, I went into SSMS Options. I noticed that under each sub heading I had a period rather than a blank or a checkmark in the Auto List and Parameter settings. I removed these from all sections and this resolved my issue. I now hit TAB to complete my statement and it no longer jumps to the end of the line.

Hope this helps - John
  • Options
    I've also been having this same problem and tried the suggested fix. Resetting the Auto List and Parameter settings under the Text Editor section for Statement Completion did not fix this for me. However, I then tried unchecking "Word Wrap" under the Text Editor section for Settings and that did the trick for me. If I re-enable the Word Wrap, the problem comes back and then goes away again when I uncheck that option.

SSMS: 10.50.4000.0
    SQL: 2008

Other SQL Tool Belt packages installed.

SSMSBoost addin is also installed.
  • Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi haytonj,

I think you might have discovered the source of this bug! We can now recreate this locally and will look into fixing it. Thank you!

Aaron.
  • Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    I think we've got a fix for you in this private build.
    It looks like it was only if word wrap was enabled in SSMS 2008R2 and below, thank you again for pointing this out.

Thanks,
    Aaron.