how exculde database from deadlock alerts

grillazzgrillazz Posts: 3
edited December 20, 2014 8:43AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi Lads,

This is my first post on this forum.

We are using Red Gate tools from few years (mainly sql compare and sql data compare)

Now we started with sql monitor 4 for our sql server instances.

We have few database which are coming with 3rd party vendor software.
I noticed many deadlocks on them which I think coming from software.
99% of them were eliminated by adding proper indexes.
Unfortunately some tables still using IMAGE data type which can't be indexed :( plus we can't alter this columns b/c this can make us in troubles in relation to support agreement etc.

We still having this deadlocks which is annoying b.c we can't eliminate them and to be honest we don;t want to see them.

Was wondering if there is any option to eliminate database or even particular table in deadlock alert.

I can't see options in web interface but maybe you can advise some other path.

Thansk,

Jakub

Comments

• Thank you for your post and I am sorry for the delay in replying.

If you navigate to the Configuration > Alert Settings page then you can select entities from the tree on the left hand side of the page. The list of applicable alert settings will change accordingly and any changes to the configuration will override the global settings for the select entity.

However, the information for the deadlock alert is collected from the SQL Server directly, and it is only when SQL Monitor performs processing on the deadlock graph that it works out which processes were involved. This means that it is not possible to configure these alerts to exclude specific databases but only specific SQL Server instances.
  • Thanks,

Looks i need to start using sql server extended events.

Thansk,

Jakub
  • We are affected by this and also use the same workaround to restart Base Monitor when the problems occurs. Is there any update when the fix will be available?

Regards,
    Michael
    ali