Options

SQL Prompt is 6.4.0.657 menu not showing

edited October 9, 2014 5:28AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,

I have tried to install more than 5 different versions of SQL Prompt and I am positive it has nothing to do with the versions.
The installation is successful but neither in Visual Studio or Microsoft Sql Server 2012, the menu is displayed.

I tried in other computers and I managed to see the menu for SQL Prompt in visual studio so it must be something in this specific machine.

Can you please let me know how can I troubleshoot this issue or how can I fix it?
I did try restart obviously but it didn't really change anything.

I do have a license as well but I am not able to activate it since I can't even see the menu on either of the software.

Thank you for the help.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Do you have any other addins installed into SSMS?

Also could you check in C:ProgramDataMicrosoftSQL Server Management Studio11.0Addins and see if there is a RedGate.SQLPrompt.SSMSUI.2011.AddIn file in there?

If you open that up, is this line set to 1 or 0?
    <LoadBehavior>1</LoadBehavior>

Best regards,

David
  • Options
    Hi,

Just fixed it.

For some reason I didn't had permissions on the folder "C:ProgramDataMicrosoftSQL Server Management Studio11.0Addins"
    When I tried to access the folder to see the settings you mentioned, I found out I didn't had permissions to access the folder. As soon I added permissions the menu was loaded.

Thank you very much for the help.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it! I'm not sure why it didn't have permissions but I'm glad you've got it resolved.

Best regards,

David