Options

Excluding Columns (sometimes)

markomarko Posts: 3
Is there a way to exclude columns when comparing differences but have them included in scripts generated for reconciling additional records?

My situation is that many of my tables contain LastModifiedDate and LastModifiedBy columns that are required. I generally do not care if the data in these columns is different. I can easily filter them out at the project level – no problem. However, I am very concerned with additional/missing rows. The problem is when I generate the scripts to synchronize, the insert statements do not contain these columns and subsequently fail.

I can overcome this by creating 2 separate projects – 1 for comparing differences (columns filtered) and 1 for checking for missing rows (columns not filtered). YECH. Is there a better solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Marko,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately every column that is compared is also synchronized by Data Compare. Your solution may be the best way already.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Not the answer I was hoping for. Perhaps in a future release you can address this issue. The sql to reconcile (insert) missing rows must somehow account for ALL not null columns regardless of their settings to include/exclude in the project.
This discussion has been closed.