javascript window close issue

jtnet6jtnet6 Posts: 3
Hello -

I just upgraded to ANTS profiler 4 and havent had really good luck with it. Our web application closes a window and launches a new one upon login. As soon as the window closes and the new one opens, the profiler stops profiling.

The old version of ANTS did not have the same behavior..

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hi,

I thought that AP4 should mimick the behavour of AP3 in the case (although it obviously doesn't). We will have a look into this.

As a temporary work around you should be able to open your app in a new window and use that window as AP4 tracks the instance of IE and stops profiling when the IE window is closed.

James
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • thats the problem... on login that instance of ie is closed, therefore the profiler stops.. even if i where to open a new browser the profiler doesnt grab onto that window...

anything else i can try?
  • Hi there,

Yeah, the problem here is that profiling is linked to the presence of the original IE instance. If that closes then profiling stops. I suspect we probably just need to decouple these and then you should find it all works (hopefully). Look for this in the next 4.1 early access build, which will likely be available within the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the problems you're having. We'll get you set up with a new trial period when the fix is available. In the meantime I'd drop back to version 3 when profiling this application--versions 3 and 4 will install happily side by side, although 3 can get upset if you're running 4 at the same time.

I'll let you know when there's anything more.

Thanks,

Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd