Obscure Error, when moving screen

LexiconLexicon Posts: 76 Bronze 3
Hi

I was moving the profiler form from one monitor to the next, when I received the following strange message :

Rectangle '{X=0,Y=0,Width=32,Height=0}' cannot have a width or height equal to 0.

System.ArgumentException
at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush..ctor(Rectangle rect, Color color1, Color color2, LinearGradientMode linearGradientMode)

at bx.<>c__DisplayClass4.<PaintBackground>b__0()
at U.a(Object , S )
at bx.a(Graphics , U , Rectangle )
at aL.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
OK

I had been working through some results happily until that point, the application had already been exited.

Just prior to the error I had created a new call graph, but had done nothing with it yet.

I also observed that the region behind the buttons on the left of the call graph (print, export, fit etc), there is a big red cross.
Paul.

Comments

• Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Paul,

Whoops! Sorry about that. At least the red cross tells me where to go looking for the problem though. Thanks for posting.

Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Paul,

I've tracked this down and fixed it, however as I said on another thread, various people are going on holiday at the moment, and we're moving version control systems, so it'll be a little while before I can make a patch build available. Please accept my apologies for this delay.

I'll let you know as soon as we have anything.

Thanks,

Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • LexiconLexicon Posts: 76 Bronze 3
    Hi Bart,

thanks for the quick response. it is not causing me any grief so no problem.

how about a barter deal (excuse the pun), you add a new feature from my wish list for every bug I report ? :wink:
    Paul.
  • Hi Paul,

This has now been fixed. Please refer to the early access build announcement in the main forum for download details:

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=86

Thanks,

Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd