Options

get all errors at once for SQL compare Sync

SQL_ChuckSQL_Chuck Posts: 4
edited September 9, 2008 6:28AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
When doing a SQL compare, the Synchronization stops when it reaches its first error. How can I get a listing of all errors at once? SQL Compare V6

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

By default SQL Compare will stop and roll back the synchronisation when it reaches the first error. As SQL Compare uses transactions in the synchronization script.

To prevent this, I recommend that you ensure that there are no warnings in Step 3, Summary Section of the Synchronization Wizard.

If you wish to obtain a listing of all the errors, you can modify the default behaviour so that SQL Compare does not use transactions in the synchronization script, as follows:

1. Edit the SQL Compare Project Configuration.
    2. Select the Options Tab.
    3. In the Behavior Section, Enable the option "Do not use transactions in synchronization scripts".

When this option is enabled, the script is not rolled back when an error is detected.

I hope the above answers your question.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    SQL Compare will always stop at the first error if you run the synchronization inside SQL Compare. If you want the full list of errors, turn off transactions as above and then choose to run the script in QA or SSMS.

(If you run the script with errors in QA or SSMS without turning off transactions, you'll get a full list of errors but many of them will be spurious errors caused by earlier parts of the script having been rolled back.)
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software