SQL Server 2008

shadowbobshadowbob Posts: 71 Bronze 2
edited August 11, 2008 3:43PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Now that SQL Server 2008 has been released, can you give us a general idea of your timeline for releasing your products with official support for the release version of SQL Server 2008? I'll hold off upgrading anything until you get it officially supported. I'm sure you're scrambling over there! It would help us out in our planning to know how far along in the process you are.

My priorities would be:
  • Prompt
  • Compare
  • Backup
  • Refactor
  • Multi Script
I would need all of the above products ready for 2008 before I could transition. Thanks a bunch.
Jeremy Fuller
VP, Software Development
Organizational Intelligence, Inc.

Comments

• We've very recently updated all of our products to, now, support SQL Server 2008.

You can either download the Toolbelt from the website and upgrade all of the products at once, or you can use the 'Check for Updates' functionality to upgrade them individually.
  • We've very recently updated all of our products to, now, support SQL Server 2008.

You can either download the Toolbelt from the website and upgrade all of the products at once, or you can use the 'Check for Updates' functionality to upgrade them individually.

so want to confirm, everything to date supports SQL 2008 RTM out of box?
    I know they support RC0 for certain

Is there an easier way to "check update for toolbelt"?

every time I had to download the trail version, and in turns causes someone at RedGate to contact me for followup, and I tell them I just downloaded for newer version, and I have license already

or I'm too lazy to go into like 10 RedGate products, and "check update" :)

Thanks
    Jerry Hung
    DBA, MCITP
  • All of our tools have been released with SQL 2008 support over the last two weeks. They were fully tested with the RC0 release and the developers are fairly confident that Microsoft won't have changed anything which would cause any issues. However, they are running a series of tests on the RTM as we speak to confirm this. If there are any issues found we'll release a small fix as soon as possible but we're hoping that this won't need to happen, and so far it all looks good.

Regarding the Toolbelt updating issue, I've sent you a pm.
  • shadowbobshadowbob Posts: 71 Bronze 2
    Thanks for the clarification -- I assumed your software would need to be tested on RTM, regardless of how it worked on RC0. I will go ahead and install the current versions of your products, and see if anything doesn't work as expected.

I also experience the same frustration as jerryhung above regarding Toolbelt updates. The online Upgrade Center stopped working for me months ago, so I either have to email support (and wait a few days to hear back), or download a Toolbelt trial and get the contact from your sales department. That online Upgrade Center needs to get working again.
    Jeremy Fuller
    VP, Software Development
    Organizational Intelligence, Inc.