Location of associated .chm project files?

vdemskyvdemsky Posts: 5
edited August 11, 2008 2:11PM in SQL Doc Previous Versions
According to the docs online:
When SQL Doc generates database documentation as Microsoft HTML Help, all the project files associated with the .chm file are also provided. You can edit these files and recompile the help using Microsoft HTML Help Workshop if required.

For example, the default project language is English; if your database documentation contains characters from a different Unicode character set, you may want to change the language setting in the project (.hpp) file and then recompile the help so that the characters are displayed correctly.

To open Windows® Explorer at the location of the saved project documents, open the project in SQL Doc, and click Alt+E.

I'm looking for the .hpp file so I can make a few edits. However, when I check the directory for my documentation, the only files are the .chm file and the .sqldoc file. Is there another location that I should check? I looked under the SQL Doc folder in \Program Files\ and I couldn't find anything there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I'm sorry that the documentation for SQL Doc appears to be incomplete. The missing bit is that a registry key needs to be set in order to make the program retain the files that are produced for the CHM output. This key value is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\SQL Documentor\KeepIntermediate. Create KeepIntermediate as a new String value and set it to True if you want to keep the .hpp and HTML files from the project. You can then find the files in the same folder as the CHM output, in a subfolder whose name contains "_src_".

To stop this behavior, change the value of the KeepIntermediate key to False.

I hope this helps!
  • Thank you very much for the reply. This worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help.