Options

Complete Removal of SQL Backup

mclovinmclovin Posts: 4
edited August 8, 2008 5:01AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have a NON-PRODUCTION SQL Server that is being used for SQL installation test purposes.
This server is running Windows Server 2003 R2.

It was running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise SP4 with Red Gate SQL Backup 4.

I have performed several upgrades/downgrades of SQL Server (2000->2005->2000->etc.). However, from the very first time I performed any modifications to SQL Server, SQL Backup quit working. When I attempted to uninstall and reinstall SQL Backup - WITHOUT going through the licensing process - SQL Backup will not even give me the usual 14 day trial.

Is this an expected result, in attempts to keep customers from uninstalling and reinstalling the product every 14 days and never paying for it?

I would like to be able to continually modify the server and run test backup jobs - to ensure that every part of my automated installation works as specified (and my specs change, so I need to be able to do this 20-30 times, perhaps 100+ times per year). I don't want to have to keep emailing Red Gate for new license codes. Can you help me completely uninstall Red Gate so there is not a trace of it anywhere on my machine, so that the next time I install it, I get the 14 day trial? Keep in mind this is NOT a production box (if it was to become a production server, I would get a license and put the server into production).

Thanks,
McLovin (aka David Shabat)

Comments