Options

Error: Out of Memory

EvePrinEvePrin Posts: 3
edited January 27, 2005 11:34AM in DTS Compare 1.x
I am running on a 3.0G P4, 512 RAM and recieve the error "Out of Memory" after DTS Compare runs for a few hours. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Eve,

Thanks for writing to us. You can try changing the TMP environment variable to point to a disk drive with more free space. Sometimes the software erroneously reports a System.OutOfMemory exception when it's actually out of disk space.
  • Options
    Brian,
    I did point the TMP environment variable to a new disk drive with more disk space. However, that hasn't completely solved the problem. Now I receive a windows message stating that Virtual memory is low only to receive the Out of Memory error shortly after. I've pointed the Virtual Memory to a drive with plenty of free space and increased the maximum allowed to 3024MB. That leaves me to wonder what the maximum number of DTS packages that have been successfully registered on a single server is as all of our test servers have over 400 packages each.

Thank you,

Eve
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Eve,

There seems to be a problem with the memory consumption with DTS Compare that we're looking into. I don't think that you can do any more to your computer to get it running properly.
This discussion has been closed.