Issue when running SQL Compare via commandline in DTS..

GaryHampsonGaryHampson Posts: 19
edited January 13, 2005 1:46PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have created a batch file to create my snapshots and do the comparison.
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\Red Gate SQL Bundle\SQLCOMPARE.exe" /database1:db1 /server1:svr1 /username1:usr1 /password1:pwd1 /mksnap:"\\server\share\db2.SNP" /force /quiet

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\Red Gate SQL Bundle\SQLCOMPARE.exe" /database1:db2 /server1:svr2 /username1:usr2 /password1:pwd2 /mksnap:"\\server\share\db2.SNP"  /force /quiet

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\Red Gate SQL Bundle\SQLCOMPARE.exe" /argfile:"\\server\share\argfile.xml" /quiet

I then created a DTS package that has a Win32 task which calls the .bat file. When I try to execute the package, it fails with the following error:
Error wrote:
Unexpected error: It is invalid to show a modal dialog or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

Any ideas as to a resolution?

Thanks..

Peace,
Gary Hampson

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Gary,

Unfortunately, you can't run the command line tools from DTS while the software is unregistered. The registration nag requester needs to display, so the tools need to run in some kind of interactive user mode.
This discussion has been closed.