Options

Checking for Update

dlgrossdlgross Posts: 17
edited June 8, 2005 8:04AM in DTS Compare 1.x
We recently purchased and installed the SQL Bundle. When I click check for updats in DTS Compare, I get, the Update Service does not recognize this product. Please contact your software vendor for update to this product. Error 13000: Product not recognized with the Agent. I don't get this type of message from SQL Data Compare or SQL Compare. Whe :?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I seem to remember this affecting a certain version of DTS Compare. Have you got version 1.53? That is the latest version. If you use the check for updates from the SQL Bundle start menu program group, that will also work, as DTS Compare is part of the SQL Bundle and if an update is found, the whole bundle is updated anyway.
  • Options
    DTS Compare is 1.52.0.54. How do we get 1.53? Clicking the check for updates from SQL Compare says no updates are available
  • Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi there,

You can get this simply by downloading the latest version of the SQL bundle from http://www.red-gate.com/download_sql_tools.htm. If you install the latest version it should just work although there is a possibility that you may need to re-enter your license keys (this shouldn't happen though).

Many thanks,

======================
    Bart Read
    Software Engineer
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    ======================
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
This discussion has been closed.