WHERE clause for just one of the databases?

bcallahanbcallahan Posts: 3
I am am doing a data compare for 2 databases, SOURCE and TARGET. They both have a field which contains a date. I want to include a where clause (datefield>5/26/2008) that works gets applied to just the SOURCE database, not both. Is this possible through the gui?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Yes, it's pretty easy to do. Just uncheck the use the same where clause for both databases checkbox, then you can enter a different where clause for each database.
  • Woops, right there in front of me. Well here's another question, after the comparison I would like to deselect a number of records at once instead of checking each box next to the row that I don't want updated. How do I do this?
    Sorry, I don't know any way of automatically selecting and deselecting individual rows from a comparison. You would need to program something using the SQL Toolkit API as far as I know, there is a SelectionDelegate object that can automatically select the individual records that go in a script.
    Sorry again -- do you just want to highlight a bunch of rows in the results and deselect them all? Then you can use the shift-click to select a bunch of them and then press the spacebar to toggle. Last time I was thinking you wanted to specify a second set of criteria to filter out results.