Options

Feature request: source code access through "all classes"

Would be very useful to be able to see source code for/from objects selected in the all classes view, not only from the all objects view.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'd be interested to know what you would like to see in the source code panel and what the benefits would be to you.

I'd assume that you would want to see source code for the constructor for whatever class is currently highlighted in all classes. It may be a bit confusing, however, if the constructor is overloaded because in the context of the class, it would not be relevant to know that there is more than one constructor. I suppose it would be possible to "pick one". Please let us know your thoughts on this. Thanks!
  • Options
    Even being taken to declaring source file would be already of great help. But I guess that the profiler has enough information available to even offer a selection of a) where the object in question was actually created, b) which ctors where used to do so, and then take me to any of those.
    Taking it a step further it could even apply the same scheme used by VisualAssist and offer pseudo-source access throught the available meta data for assemblies without source code, for system types and imported assemblies.