Options

Smart Rename Problem

Dave PendletonDave Pendleton Posts: 104 Bronze 3
edited June 11, 2008 1:42PM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
I am using Smart Rename to rename a column.

When I view the resulting script, a stored procedure that inserts a row into the affected table, but does not use the renamed column is scripted as an ALTER.

The contents of the procedure are not changed.

Why is this?

Comments

• Options
    We are aware of an issue where objects are shown to be altered in the Smart Rename summary but are not changed in the sql script. From what you're saying, the object is shown to be altered in the sql script but the script is not actually changing anything.

If this is true then I'll raise this as a bug. Could you post the stored procedure script so that I can try to reproduce this?
  • Options
    Dave PendletonDave Pendleton Posts: 104 Bronze 3
    No, unfortunately I can't.

The stored procedure does an insert into the table that contains the refactored column.

However, the refactored column is not part of the set of columns that are being inserted into.

So, if the table contains columns A, B and C, the stored procedure only inserts data into A and B. C is the column being refactored.

The stored procedure, which doesn't reference C at all (but does reference the table that contains C) is included in the refactoring script.