Options

Saving Tables to Sync

martinb13martinb13 Posts: 2
I have over 100 customers using my software and I use SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare everyday. The software is excellent and saves me a hell of a lot of time.
One thing I would like data compare to be able to do is to save a list of tables to compare. My database has approx 100 tables - but only about 25 need to be synchronized (the other 75 contain customer spacific data). Therefore, when I am carrying out a compare I have to clear the tables to sync and then go through selecting the 25. You might not think that is too much of a problem and I agree if I was doing 1 or 2 a week - but I can do this several times a day. It would be a great help to me if I was able to save the tables for syncronizing no matter what database I was comparing.
I hope this makes sense.

Regards

Martin Brawley

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Martin,

It's easy to save your comparison settings into a project file. You can save a Data Compare project (file->Save Project) so that you can re-run the same comparisons over again without the need to select the tables, columns, servers, and databases that you want to compare each and every time you use the software.
This discussion has been closed.