AccessViolationException

adrianbanksadrianbanks Posts: 21
We have packaged a database and are getting an error when the exe is run (near to the end of the unpackage). I'm using Packager 5.3.0.80.

The error is:

"System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted."

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't currently have access to any more information about the error, but wondered if there were known causes.

Thanks,
Adrian

Comments

• I've managed to get a stack trace from when the error was thrown:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
    that other memory is corrupt.

Server stack trace:
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    at Package.DBInstall.ProgressDialog.Update(Object sender, ProgressStatusEventArgs e)
    at Package.DBInstall.PackageExecutor.OnStatus(ProgressStatusEventArgs e)
    at Package.DBInstall.PackageExecutor.ExecutePackage()
    at Package.DBInstall.PackageExecutor.Execute()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at Package.DBInstall.ProgressDialog.Run(IProgressExecutor executor)
    at Package.DBInstall.PackageApplication.ExecutePackageWithUI()

Any ideas?