Options

Problem in SSMS with either Refactor or Prompt

atothatoth Posts: 10
edited April 26, 2008 7:21AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
Not sure which of these is causing this but I get the following error when I right click a table in the ObjectExplorerDetails window (the one on the right - not the ObjectExplorer window).

Latest version of prompt 3.8.0.244
Refactor 1.1.0.102

Adam

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.DefaultMenuHandler.GetMenuItems(ArrayList items)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.DefaultMenuHandler.GetMenuItems()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.SummaryImplementationHelper.ShowContextMenuInt(INavigableItem item, Control parentControl, Point windowPos, MethodInvoker renameMethod)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.SummaryImplementationHelper.ShowContextMenu(ISummaryItem target, Control parentControl, Point windowPos, MethodInvoker renameMethod)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.AppIDPackage.RightPaneListViewer.OnContextMenu(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.AppIDPackage.SummaryListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks for your post. I do not see any Red Gate namespaces in the stack trace, so I think that SQL Refactor and Prompt on the SSMS installation may be coincidental. Neither Refactor nor Prompt are available in the context menus of the Object Explorer Details window either.

I've noticed that another SSMS user has reported exactly the same problem here. It may be worth contacting Microsoft about this. Especially if, as in the referenced MSDN forum post, the problem happens on only one or a handful of databases that may have some sort of metadata problem.