Options

SQL Scripts and Schemas

paulhpaulh Posts: 35 Bronze 2
edited April 21, 2008 10:56AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I'm trying to generate a set of scripts for a database where some of the objects are not in the dbo schema, but when exporting the scripts, the application skips over all the tables not in dbo.

Is there a switch to make it look in all schemas or a way of changing the default schema selected?

Paul

Comments

• Options
    Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    That's very strange - it should export all of the objects when you export to a script folder.

Could you tell me exactly what you are doing (i.e. what buttons you press / command line you use)? There are several possible ways to export a database to scripts and it might be useful to know which one you are using. A list of the project options you're using and the version and collation of your SQL Server might also be useful in tracking down the problem.

A backup (or snapshot if that's working correctly) of the database which is failing to export some of its objects would be very useful too - if you can, send it to michelle.taylor@red-gate.com and I'll take a look.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    paulhpaulh Posts: 35 Bronze 2
    Sorry my bad... I hadn't clicked on the left on explorer so I didn't see the Tables directory.
  • Options
    Ahh, right... glad you solved the problem!
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software