Options

Install Failed - missing SP?

cjeremy74cjeremy74 Posts: 14
edited April 10, 2008 8:34PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am installing v5.1 on a single node SQL 2000 cluster and I am getting the failures on the following 3 steps:

Start SQL Backup Agent Service - Failed (message: Could not find 'master..sqbutility')

Check installed versions - Failed (message: Could not find 'master..sqbutility')

Check SQLBackup extended stored procs - Failed (message: "master..sqlbackup" could not be found).

If these are SQL Backup stored procs shouldn't the install create them? How do I get through this install without these errors?

Any help is much appreciated!!! J.
Thanks - JC

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The setup probably didn't run to completion.

Try running the server componens installer manually on the cluster node. To do this, copy SQBServerSetup.exe from your SQL Backup installation folder to the server, and run it.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    When running the exe - I am only seeing the option to select the (local) instance. Since this is a cluster - I am concerned that this is not correct? The SQL instance name can not be referenced as local when connected via ent mgr?
    Thanks - JC
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    SQL Backup will map the instance name to the SQL Server cluster name where necessary during runtime.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Great! Thanks for your help. I will give this a shot ASAP.
    Thanks - JC