Options

Option to email on warning?

willow_techiewillow_techie Posts: 14
edited March 12, 2008 11:44PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Is there an option to email a warning too? I currently have the MAILTO_ONERROR set, but I'm not getting warnings.

We have a situation where sometimes SQL Agent stops running on one of the log shipping sources. The restore jobs just have a warning ("no log files found"), but since those are not emailed out, sometimes I dont notice the issue.

is there a MAILTO_ONWARNING parameter that I'm not seeing?

(this is on 5.0, but we plan to move to 5.3 this month)

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    That is a bug, and will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for taking the time to report this.

MAILTO_ONERROR should send email notification on all warnings and errors. Version 5.3 introduced a new keyword, MAILTO_ONERRORONLY, that sends email notification only when errors are encountered.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Hi-

I noticed that the 5.3 version of SqlBackup has a documentation bug---on the "The RESTORE Command" page in the Windows help file, the MAILTO_ONERROR and MAILTO_ONERRORONLY have identical descriptions.

Thanks,

-Mike

petey wrote:
    That is a bug, and will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for taking the time to report this.

MAILTO_ONERROR should send email notification on all warnings and errors. Version 5.3 introduced a new keyword, MAILTO_ONERRORONLY, that sends email notification only when errors are encountered.
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8