SQL Compare Settings with Roaming Profiles on Citrix

The DavesterThe Davester Posts: 3
edited March 6, 2008 10:01AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
We're currently using SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare 5 in a Citrix environment with roaming profiles. The problem at hand is that both products store their *.scp and *.sdc files in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Compare 5, and %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Data Compare 5, respectively.

Nothing under %userprofile%\Local Settings gets copied for roaming, however; is there any way to change the location that the settings are saved to?

There have been some posts that mention how to do this for SQL Prompt 3, but no mention of either of the products I'm using:

Settings do not sync with roaming profiles
Roaming Profiles and SQL Prompt options

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare 6 introduced support for changing which directory your projects are saved into. SQL Compare and Data Compare 5 didn't allow you to change the directory as far as I'm aware. Obviously we recommend you upgrade to the latest version, which has exactly the functionality you require, but one of the actual Support people might have come up with a workaround - your best bet there is to email them directly at support@red-gate.com.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Thanks for the info. I think I'll just push to purchase version 6.