Options

Command Line Tool does not exclude Deselected Objects in UI

anshulabhatanshulabhat Posts: 6
Hi,

I am using an existing Project file created using the GUI while running the comparison from the command line tool.
But the command line tool does not exclude the tables that I have de-selected from UI.
I am using SQL Compare version 6.2.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

I've just tested this myself and it does appear that the excluded objects in the comparison project are not getting honoured when run from the command line.

I have now logged a bug describing this fault. For your reference the bug code is SC-3653, hopefully the fix will be included in the next version. I have associated your details with the bug, so I will be able to update you when we have some more information.

As a temporary workaround, you can explicitly use the /exclude switch from the command line, you will be able to exclude the objects you need to.

For example, you can run the following command to exclude the Table1 table from the comparison::

SQLCompare /pr:<SQL Compare Project> /exclude:Table:\[Table1\]

You can exclude multiple objects by separating the object with the | character, e.g.
    /exclude:Table:\[Table1\]^|\[Table2\]^|\[Table3]

I hope this is helpful
    Chris
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    I am pleased to inform you that we have fixed this problem in the recently released SQL Compare V.7.

If you have a valid Support & upgrades option, you can download SQL Compare V.7 using the 'Check for updates' mechanism (SQL Compare GUI ->Help ->Check for updates)

or download using this link: ftp://ftp.red-gate.com/SQLToolbelt.zip

SQL Compare V.7 will install along side any previous versions of the software.

Many Thanks
    Eddie Davis
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com