Options

Exception on Close all results

Hi,

i have today get an exception when closing a huge number of results within the results pane.

Here is the exception text:
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.DeleteNodesGroup(Int32 id, TreeListNode sourceNode, Boolean deleteChildren)
bei DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.DeleteNode(Int32 nodeId, TreeListNode dataSourceNode, Boolean deleteChildren)
bei DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.InternalDeleteNode(TreeListNode node, Boolean modifySource)
bei DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.OnClearNodes(TreeListNodes nodes)
bei DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Nodes.TreeListNodes.Clear()
bei RedGate.Profiler.UI.ExplorerControl._3()
bei RedGate.Profiler.UI.ExplorerControl.UpdateTreeList(EventArgs e)
bei _22._8(Object , EventArgs )
bei _41._1(EventArgs )
bei _41._1()
bei _5._12()
bei RedGate.Profiler.UI.ExplorerControl._1(Object , ItemClickEventArgs )
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.BarManager.RaiseItemClick(ItemClickEventArgs e)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItem.OnClick(BarItemLink link)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.BarBaseButtonItem.OnClick(BarItemLink link)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItemLink.OnLinkClick()
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItemLink.OnLinkAction(BarLinkAction action, Object actionArgs)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.BarButtonItemLink.OnLinkAction(BarLinkAction action, Object actionArgs)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItemLink.OnLinkActionCore(BarLinkAction action, Object actionArgs)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarSelectionInfo.ClickLink(BarItemLink link)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarSelectionInfo.UnPressLink(BarItemLink link)
bei DevExpress.XtraBars.Controls.CustomLinksControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks for asking us about this. We do know that this can happen and have logged a bug about it, but unfortunately we have not been able to reliably cause the problem to happen in-house and that makes it difficult to try to fix.

Closing all results doesn't always cause a null-reference exception here -- if you can make this happen all of the time, I'd be interested in seeing your computer configuration, maybe the answer is in there somewhere.
  • Options
    I cant't do this all the time. This happens not very often. The error occurs 2 times and i can't say why or when the exception occurs.
    I will try to find a way to reproduce the error.