Alter DB settings

ndingnding Posts: 2
edited February 28, 2008 11:17PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi guys,

I have used the SQL COMPARE for a few months, the version is 5.3.0.44. It works well. Recently, after using SQL COMPARE to generate the update script for one client. The application throws some store procedure issues about "arithabort" setting.

I checked the update script generating by synchronization wizard, found that some lines automatically produced by the wizard. List below:

SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT OFF
GO
SET ANSI_PADDING, ANSI_WARNINGS, CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL, ARITHABORT, QUOTED_IDENTIFIER, ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

I deleted the "ARITHABORT" words, updated the DB again, the problem solved. Could anyone help me how to delete "SET ARITHABORT ON" by SQL COMPARE? Should I change some setting?

Thanks for any help!!!

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

There isn't any way to configure SQL Compare to generate the script without setting ARITHABORT ON. This is because it is used to enables us to roll back if a divide-by-zero error occurs.

As you have discovered, if you do not wish to use the option, you can remove it from the script after it has been generated.

Incidentally, what was the exact error you received when you ran the script with ARITHABORT ON?

Here is some reference material on ARITHABORT: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 90306.aspx
    Chris