I have purchased the professional edition but......

SidrahSidrah Posts: 3
Hi All!

We are in the process of buying the .NET Developer Bundle (5 user lisence) (P69U5M0). The payment is due till 14th of Feb, 2008. We had received the serial number through the invoice and I had activated one copy on my pc. From '.NET Developer Bundle' my understanding is that each user license includes:

1. Ants Profiler Pro (which includes performance as well as memory profiling)

2. Exception Hunter

Now, I did memory profiling a few times, but now whenever I run the project wizard, the profiler tells me that I have the Standard Edition (although we have purchased the Professional Edition ) and hence I cant do memory profiling and even performance profiling in the fast mode.

Just for information: this problem has been coming ever since i ran the 'pInvoke VS addin' utility that is included in the ANTS Bundle.

What should I do about this?

Thanks,
Sidrah

Comments

• Hi Sidrah,

Sorry about this - there is a bug in our licensing client which can "leak" the edition of the software being activated to other products using the same serial key.

To fix this you need to reactivate ANTS profiler - Click Help -> About ANTS Profiler... to bring up the about dialog then right click on your serial number and select Enter Serial Number. On the activation dialog just keep clicking next and then finish and ANTS Profiler should then be in full professional mode (you might need to restart ANTS Profiler).

Sorry you hit this problem,

James
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi James!

Thanks a lot. I'll be able to try your solution after the weekend now, I'll get back to you if some other problem comes up.

But tell me one thing, we have bought a 5 user license. If I try to reactivate ANTS profiler on my system, it wouldn't be counted as ANOTHER license instead of my own previous one, right?

Sidrah
  • Hi there,

Our server will detect that the machine is the same and not count it as an extra activation.

James
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd